Palm Springs Welding Inc. has a long history in Palm Springs. Founder Marcel Latulippe arrived in the Coachella Valley in 1958 from his native Canada. He was vacationing from Quebec with his brother, on their way to Las Vegas by car when they were detoured by a sign promoting Nat King Cole playing in Palm Springs at the famed Chi Chi Club. Mike has been here ever since.
Within several years, he founded Palm Springs Welding Inc. in a small building across from what is now the Mercedes Benz dealership in Palm Springs. The small welding shop supplied gates and other small welded metalwork to the Palm Springs area. After spending some time in that storefront, then moving to another on Matthew Drive nearby, the business settled at its current location on Valdivia Way.
In the building boom of the 1990s, the business branched into the structural steel business to help build the many custom homes going up in the new exclusive enclaves of the Vintage Club, the Reserve, and Bighorn. Structural steel has proven to be a strength of our company, helping us develop relationships with elite homebuilders throughout the Coachella Valley.
Our work can be found in many of the gated home developments, neighborhoods, and commercial properties throughout the desert communities. Over the now fifty years that we’ve been in business, we’re thrilled to form partnerships with so many builders and homeowners who make our beloved community so great. Several times a week we talk to a customer on the phone or have a visit to the office from someone who says they’ve known Mike “for fifty years.” We believe it!